As a Nutritionist at Vertava Health, you will have a primary role of assessing patients' and clients' nutritional and health needs. As well as counseling patients on nutrition issues and healthy eating habits and developing meal and nutrition plans.
Depending on the location of the facility, this role is appropriate for Bachelor’s level candidates who are currently licensed.
You will work closely with the Medical Director, and the entire treatment team in a supportive, team-based approach that models collaborative, solution-based problem solving, and authentic communication.
Priority responsibilities include:
Assessments and Treatment Planning
- Assess the dietary and health needs of patients, establish treatment plans, and communicate with patients regarding the important of health and nutrition
- Set clear objectives and provide support to patients to help them in their progress
Collaboration and Communication
- Develop a supportive, therapeutic relationship with each patient
- Maintain a professional, sensitive demeanor with patients
- Work closely with all departments and treatment team members
- Meet directly with patients to identify dietary/nutritional educational needs; provide individual instruction with resources you find fit
- Observe and report on patient plans, nutrition, and health
- Collaborate with the Medical Director and other members of the team to identify and connect with patients in need of nutrition counseling.
- Proven experience as a Nutritionist
- Registered Dietician License preferred
- The ideal candidate is compassionate, professional, organized, and efficient
- The Ideal candidate is passionate about nutrition, health, and helping others
- Being an active listener to accurately help patients to their needs
- Effective writing skills to develop nutrition plans as needed
- Above reproach reasoning, logic and critical thinking skills
- Experience teaching others about nutrition and overall health
- Positive Energy
- Other duties as assigned by your leader
- Ability to use hands and fingers, talk or hear
- Ability to sit, stand, walk and reach continually. Ability to climb or balance, stoop, kneel, or crouch frequently
- Ability to frequently lift and carry up to 20 pounds and occasionally lift and carry up to 50 pounds
- Close vision required to see computer monitor and read documents
- Work environment is indoors and climate controlled. Occasionally exposed to outdoor weather conditions