Rural hospital west of Anchorage, AK seeking a full-time permanent Registered Dietitian (RD).
Registered Dietitian (RD) Duties
- Responsible for the provision of nutritional care, case management and care coordination for the nutritionally high risk clients and all eligible participants served by the WIC (Women, Infants, Children) Program
- Travels to surrounding villages to provide care and WIC certification.
- Minimum education requirements for Registered Dietitian (RD) are: required by the State of Alaska to maintain Dietitian Licensure or Nutritionist Licensure.
- New graduates accepted. Prefer experience providing nutrition & breastfeeding education, counseling and promotion to pregnant, breastfeeding, post partum, children, and infant participants.
- Maintain State of Alaska Dietitian Licensure or Nutritionist Licensure. Maintain BLS certification.
- Computer, Hemocue machine, weighing scales, height board, electric breast pumps, xerox and telephones.
- Registered Dietitian (RD) must have knowledge of the principles and practices of public health nutrition and health promotion. Prenatal, Breastfeeding, Post Partum, Child, and Infant nutritional issues, including Specialized Infant Formulas. Computer skills and familiar with common software applications.
- Serve as a mentor/ resource person to CPAs. Act as WIC Coordinator prn.
- Generous PTO – beginning at 4.5 weeks
- Ten paid holidays
- Comprehensive healthcare coverage
- Life and Disability Insurance
- Flexible Spending Account
- Retirement plans
- Employee Wellness Center
- No state income tax and permanent fund dividend after a full calendar year of Alaska Residency
- Amazing rural Alaskan experience, that Is unforgettable!
- Regional Airport with easy access to Anchorage
- Some of the best fishing in North America and several other outdoor activities
- Excellent shopping and dining that are all locally owned and operated
- Safe schools and community for a family