This job is archived
Experience the Matrix Providers Advantage. We strive to provide a framework of stability and structure for our valued employees, where you will experience lower provider-to-patient ratios and fair, reliable schedules. It is our honor to hire Healthcare Heroes to serve our Military Heroes, sharing in our mission to provide excellent healthcare with dignity, compassion, and pride. In return, we are proud to offer you:
- Competitive compensation and excellent benefits, including Medical, Dental, and Vision
- 401K with Employer Match
- PTO and Holiday Pay
- Life Insurance, Disability Insurance, FSA, and Commuter Benefits
- Referral Bonuses
We support our employees with an accessible dedicated representative to assist you throughout the duration of your contract. We firmly believe that a healthy work/life balance enables you to perform at your best. Our mission is to serve America’s military family by aligning exceptional healthcare workers like you with rewarding career opportunities. Come home to Matrix.
Matrix Providers is potentially hiring a Dietitian to join our team of talented professionals who provide health care services to our Military Service Members and their families at Patrick Air Force Base in Cocoa Beach, FL.
- Employment Status: Full Time.
- Compensation: This is an hourly position, paid bi-weekly.
- Schedule: Monday through Thursday between the hours of 7:30 am and 5:00 pm.
- Benefits: Competitive financial package with a comprehensive insurance package including health, dental, vision, and life coverage.
- Accrued Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Paid Holidays (Outlined in Handbook)
- 401(k) Plan
Requirements: The Dietitian must have and meet the following:
- Degree: Master’s level degree in Nutrition Science or related field.
- Education: Graduate from a college or university accredited by the Accreditation Council for Education in Nutrition and Dietetics (ACEND) or completion of a Didactic Program in Dietetics (DPD) accredited by the ACEND or completion of a post Baccalaureate degree Dietetic Internship Program of supervised practice (for a minimum of 1200 hours) accredited by ACEND.
- Registration: Hold certification from the American Dietetic Association (ADA) as a Registered Dietitian (RD) and a specialty certification as a Certified Specialist in Sports Dietetics (CSSD). CSSD certification may be waived by the COR if all other qualifications are met; however, the contractor shall earn the CSSD within six months of employment if waived. Certification as a Certified Strength and conditioning Specialist (CSCS) is desired, but not required.
- Experience: Minimum of 3 years or more of demonstrable accumulated post-professional experience as a Performance Dietitian with individual athletes and groups of athletes at the levels of NCAA Division I Collegiate, Olympic, professional sports, and/or Special Operations/AFSPECWAR Operators in the accompanying, respective settings.
- Licensure: Current, full, active, and unrestricted dietetics license or certification.
- Provide nutritional planning, counseling, and documentation that is guided by evidence based peer-reviewed literature.
- Advise the chain of command on issues pertinent to nutrition and performance nutrition.
- Provide individual and group counseling for guidance on performance nutrition.
- Design and implement performance nutrition programs for AFSPECWAR personnel in
garrison, TAD/TDY, and deployed settings.
- Develop nutritional protocols and guidelines for rehabilitation and performance.
- Collaborate with the HP program Manager and/or Coordinator for implementation of new
protocols and guidelines.
- Assist other regional AFSPECWAR assets as required by the HP program Manager
and/or Coordinator and approved by the chain of command.
- Attend and participate in meetings with other staff members and medical personnel as
requested and/or required.
- Ensure that adequate educational materials and sports nutrition specific supplies are
- Assist with supply inventories. Provide input on supply needs.
- Ensure that equipment and facilities under the purview of the Performance Dietitian are
in safe working condition and are properly utilized.
- Ensure that records are updated as required. Participate in periodic in-service training for
members of the HP Staff. Attend required training in accordance with guiding
instructions. Units will allow for attendance at the necessary conferences or courses to
complete continuing education units required to maintain professional certifications.
- Perform administrative duties, which may include maintaining records of workload,
participating in education programs, and participating in clinical staff quality assurance
Matrix Providers is an equal-opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status. For our EEO Policy Statement, please see [Register to View] To learn more about our Benefits Packages, please see [Register to View]
Matrix Providers endeavors to make [Register to View] accessible to all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please get in touch with our Recruiting Hotline Number, 1-[Register to View] , TTY LINE, [Register to View] . This contact information is for accommodation requests only and cannot be used to inquire about the status of applications.