Wellness · Wesley Chapel, FL
My Health Onsite manages employer sponsored health and wellness centers. Our medical team takes time to build strong relationships with our patients. No one is rushed in and out, and no one is a "number." Patients (ages 8 and up) may access a range of medical services including x-ray, onsite pharmacy, wellness services, and treatment for acute illnesses and chronic conditions. Our programs go beyond caring for the sick and injured - we make prevention our number one goal.
Work with onsite providers to implement ongoing wellness program initiatives and events that create awareness and motivation to help patients adapt and maintain a well-rounded healthy lifestyle. Advise on special diets, promote healthy eating and help facilitate dietary changes. Promote the overall health and wellness of the client population through face-to-face and telephone interactions. Implement and manage wellness program initiatives, presentation, and events that create awareness and motivation to help patients adapt and maintain a well-rounded healthy lifestyle.
Travel between Pasco County Health Centers.
Expected Schedule: Longleaf: Mon 8am-5pm. Wesley Chapel: Tues,Wed,Thurs,Fri 8am - 5pm
Travel between Pasco Health Centers as needed depending on room availability ( Hudson, Gulf, Longleaf, Land O’Lakes, Dade City)
Job Title: Registered Dietician/Nutritionist (RDN)
Reports To: Wellness Director Supervises: None
- Give recommendations and update current guidelines on wellness portion of patient portal
- Educate patients in nutrition wellness and positively coach each patient towards meeting their disease or weight management goals
- Provide diabetic education/counseling for patients and their families, including nutrition, appropriate activity levels, and glucose monitoring
- Coordinate with wellness team to provide wellness and health education, seminars, events, webinars and onsite learning/training twice a quarter or as needed by the client
- Create employee awareness of the services of these entities.
- Coordinate, prepare and distribute all pre and post program/event communications, advertising and/or public relations materials
- Provide input on programs initiated by client’s Wellness Committee/Wellness Coordinator
• Bachelor’s degree in Nutrition or related field
• At least 3 years of RDN experience in a clinical setting
• Current and unrestricted State of Florida licensure
• Registered Dietitian Nutritionist (RDN) with the Commission on Dietetic Registration
• Understand CPT and ICD10 Codes
• Proficient with Microsoft Office and electronic medical record (EMR)
• Protect the privacy of our patients by following HIPAA guidelines
• Skillful at public speaking and giving presentations
• Ability to counsel/teach in one-on-one or small group settings
• Ability to effectively communicate with staff and patients using excellent written and verbal skills
• Friendly personality and ability to work well as a team
Preferred Certifications: Certified Diabetes Educator (CDE), Certified Health Education Specialist (CHES), Tobacco Treatment Specialist (CTTS)
- Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance
- 401k with Company Match
- Generous Paid Time Off & Holidays
- License, Certification and CME Reimbursement
My Health Onsite is an equal opportunity employer and a drug free workplace. All job applicants selected for employment are required to submit to a pre-employment drug test and background check.