Due to expansion of services, our award winning facility located in Boston, MA is hiring two Vascular Ultrasound Sonographers/ Technicians!! Live in the thriving city of Boston while working at a premier hospital system!
A Vascular Sonographer/Technician III (Assistant Lead) and a Vascular Sonographer Technician II position are available.!! Our division's accredited Vascular Laboratory provides patients with a full range of non-invasive diagnostic services for all vascular conditions.
Sign-on bonus eligible position
Schedules: 8:30am - 4:30pm M-F, No weekends or on call requirement
Vascular Sonographer/Technologist III (Assistant Lead):
Coordinates work schedule with Supervisor/Director and/or scheduling desk to assure workload coverage. Responsible for the safety, mental and physical comfort of patients while in the technologist/sonographers care. Assists with the daily operations of the vascular laboratory
Must hold a Bachelor’s Degree, Technical or Vocational Registered in Vascular Sonography Technology (RVT or RVS) and at least five years of direct patient vascular ultrasound treatment experience
Vascular Sonographer/Technologist II:
- Reviews charts, selects appropriate equipment and transducer setting for tests ordered.
- Interviews patients, obtains necessary information, explains procedures, allays apprehensions and positions patient appropriately.
- Views screen, detects pathology/other factors (p/u, change of shape, etc.). Determines images appropriate for diagnostic purposes.
- Keeps current with new techniques, equipment, through journals and outside educational activities.
- Recognizes unusual conditions in operating equipment and makes arrangements for repair.
- Vocational or Technical training in an accredited 2 year post high school education - allied health science, didactic/clinical required
- Certificate and Registered Vascular Sonographer/Tech required.
- 1-3 years related work experience required.