Seeking a Mammography Technologist to join a great team in Southern CT!
The technologist utilizes various imaging equipment for the purpose of creating diagnostic images in the areas of mammography, diagnostic radiology and bone density. Operates mammography and radiographic imaging equipment (to include bone density) to produce, manipulate and review digital images for quality. Prepares patient rooms with supplies and medications. Provides patient services using these imaging modalities and performs procedures insuring compliance with organizational protocols and standards.
MAJOR ACCOUNTABILITIES/CRITICAL RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Is able to apply knowledge of anatomy and physiology in obtaining adequate diagnostic exams.
- Demonstrates competency in the age specific standards as defined for the department/unit.
- Is able to recognize and respond appropriately to medical emergencies, has developed skills to practice in a safe clinical environment, knowledgeable regarding radiation safety and protection.
- Prepares all imaging exams for reading to include correct demographic identification and processing of images and assures that diagnosis matches procedure for correct billing. Evaluates radiology exams for technical quality before releasing the patient.
- Checks for patient’s identification, questions the patient to obtain a patient history or pre-existing condition. Always questions female patients regarding pregnancy. Documents all relevant information.
- Provides the highest level of customer service to all customers that align with the values and standards of the organization.
- Having knowledge and demonstrates quality assurance in the area of Mammography. Able to perform QC testing.
- Checks for prior breast imaging on all Mammography patients.
- Knows the role of a mammography, bone density and diagnostic technologist as a member of the health care team and is able to function as a competent and compassionate technologist in all modalities.
- Is able to keep the department running proficiently, regularly checks equipment, accessories and supplies, keeps area stocked at all times, cleans and disinfects equipment after each use; cleans exam room after each patient.
- Applies appropriate measures in order to minimize radiation exposure to self, patients, employees and others. Utilizes and abides by Image Gently and Image Wisely standards.
- Knowledge and function of Tele-Radiology Systems.
- Responsible for all electronic documentation.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Maintains appropriate licensure, registration and continuing education requirements for these modalities.
High School Diploma or GED. Graduated from an accredited radiologic technologist training program approved by the American Medical Association. Valid Radiology license from the State of Connecticut and ARRT. CPR certified. Mammography certification required OR registry eligible SIX (6) months from date of hire. Bone density certification preferred but not required. Annual certifications must be maintained.
For more details please submit your resume. You can also send it directly to [Register to View]
JOB ID: KD232