Seeking a Per Diem Ultrasound Technologist!
This medical group is physician-led, professionally managed and quality-driven multi-specialty practice with more than 30 offices n lower Fairfield County. This includes more than 120 physicians in 17 medical and surgical specialties and almost 400 non-clinical staff, all committed to patient-centered care.
Provides a variety of diagnostic ultrasound procedures (invasive and non-invasive) ranging from OB/GYN, abdomen, breast and small body part to intra-cavity and color Doppler and a variety of biopsies. Performs a wide variety of procedures insuring compliance with organizational protocols and standards.
- Receives requests for specialized procedures. Based on request and diagnosis sets up procedure room with appropriate equipment. Tests full range of inter-related equipment prior to procedure to verify in good working order such as elements synchronized at appropriate intervals. Provides simple troubleshooting and repairs as needed; makes adjustments as needed to equipment.
- Prepares patient for procedure, explains process, positions patient in accordance with type of procedure to be performed or based on specific instruction by the physician. Performs all aspects of ultrasound imaging.
- Operates various equipment including ultrasoniscopes, transducers and cameras in order to provide high quality films for review by physician. Makes adjustments as necessary during procedures. Evaluates images for technical quality before releasing patient.
- Maintains and records appropriate documentation regarding procedures according to established protocols. Participates in quality assurance process to improve and/or insure the delivery of quality patient care. May provide patient or physician follow-up in order to collect appropriate data for documentation.
- Checks for patient identification, questions the patient to obtain a patient history or pre-existing condition. Always questions female patients regarding pregnancy.
- Maintains appropriate licensure, registration and continuing education requirements.
- ARRT required. Certification by ARDMS preferred.