This job is archived
What you will do:
The Mental Health Counselor is a core member of the collaborative care team, including the patient’s medical provider and psychiatric consultant, as well as the larger primary care team or medical team. The Collaborative Care Model is an Evidence Based Practice that uses a care team of primary and behavioral health care providers to treat mental health conditions such as depression and anxiety in primary care settings
- Supports and collaborates closely with Primary care Providers managing patients in primary care
- Facilitates patient engagement and education
- Systematically tracks treatment responses
- Supports medication management by Primary Care Providers
- Provide brief, evidence based therapeutic interventions
- Reviews cases with psychiatric consult
- Facilitates referrals as needed
- Creates relapse prevention plan
What you will need:
- Masters in Mental Health Counseling or Social Work required.
- LMHC/LMSW preferred
- Knowledge of Healthcare, Healthcare Delivery: including but not limited to Acute Care, Continuing Care, and Ambulatory Care Services.
- Knowledge of community resources preferred
- Proven leadership ability as a team leader of groups, committees, and or project development.
- Proficient computer skills
"Candidates can ONLY apply by registering at [Register to View] . We do not receive applications submitted to any other site.
DirectShifts is an equal opportunity employer. Women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and veterans are encouraged to apply. Credentialing on DirectShifts keeps you in our system for current and ongoing consideration."