Copper Springs East is a 72-bed behavioral hospital located in Gilbert, AZ. The hospital offers inpatient and outpatient mental health and addiction treatment to adults, adolescents and their families. At Copper Springs East, we are dedicated to Changing People’s Lives®.
As a Discharge Coordinator, you will be a member of the clinical services team at Copper Springs. Our team drives a “Clinical First” attitude to help fulfill our mission of “Changing People’s Lives®”. The Discharge team collaborates with other members of the healthcare team to develop a plan for patients who are in need of ongoing psychological care following discharge. Discharge Planners play a vital role to our patient centric approach to delivering superior outcomes.
Members of our team Enjoy:
- Working with a highly engaged staff
- Healthy staffing levels
- Flexible scheduling
- Career growth
- Competitive compensation
- Actively involved in the discharge planning process
- Communicates with clients, families, and outside referral sources. Demonstrates proactive communication with those involved with the patient’s treatment.
- Provides resource information to patients and families as appropriate for future care needs.
- Effectively communicates to UR on treatment and LOS issues.
- Demonstrates appropriate crisis intervention and de-escalation skills. Acts as member of team when crisis occurs, assisting others to ensure patient safety.
- High school degree or degree from an accredited college or university in social work, recreational therapy, or appropriate therapeutic field preferred. Combination of education and relevant work experience may be required.
- Valid Driver’s License and a favorable Motor Vehicle Report and proof insurance when using own auto.
- CPR and CPI Certification within 30 day of employment
- Completion of additional age specific training within 30 days of employment as required. Must be at least 21 years of age. May be required to work flexible hours and overtime
- A minimum of 1 year, previous experience in a psychiatric health care facility, with direct experience working with chemical dependency, dual diagnosis, psychiatric and geriatric patients preferred.