Copper Springs is a 72-bed behavioral hospital located in Avondale, AZ. The hospital offers inpatient and outpatient mental health and addiction treatment to adults, adolescents and their families. At Copper Springs we are dedicated to Changing People’s Lives®
We are seeking a Help fo Hereos Therapist to provide psychotherapy and counseling services including group, individual and family therapy for Active Duty Military, Veterans and First Responders suffering from psychiatric and substance abuse issues
Members of our team Enjoy:
- Working with a highly engaged staff
- Healthy staffing levels
- Flexible scheduling
- Career growth
- Competitive compensation
- Conducts individual and group therapy sessions to educate patients regarding psychological, emotional, or substance abuse problems.
- Conducts treatment track programming (Mental Health, Addictions, and/or Trauma) specific to the individual needs of the patient in alignment with program expectations and guidelines.
- Displays active involvement in treatment planning process. Communicates with military base providers appropriately when track assignment is unclear for active duty service members.
- Provides family session counseling to all patients to ensure appropriate communication and involvement of family members and support groups.
- Actively communicates with clients, families, and outside referral sources. Demonstrates proactive communication with those involved with the patient’s treatment. Makes sure that the correct information is received by the correct military referral provider for active duty service members.
- Works well with the interdisciplinary team including physicians, utilization review and nursing staff members. Demonstrates active communication with team members.
- Effectively communicates to UR on treatment and LOS issues.
- Completes appropriate paperwork for clients in a timely, accurate and complete manner. Ensures that the additional requirements for active duty service member documentation is completed on time and with accuracy prior to being sent to the military base behavioral health provider.
- Demonstrates appropriate crisis intervention and de-escalation skills. Acts as member of team with crisis situation occurs, assisting others to ensure patient safety.
- Completes accurate assessments of patients utilizing clinical skills. Assists care coordination department as requested.
- Completes all documentation thoroughly, timely, and in accordance with hospital standards.
- Displays a thorough knowledge of confidentiality. Completes releases appropriately. Demonstrates knowledge of HIPAA regulations and abides by those standards.
- Demonstrates a working knowledge of all clinical regulations, including TJC, Medicaid, and state and federal laws.
- Master’s degree in social work or counseling or relevant state licensure required.
- Prior experience with psychiatric and chemical dependency patients.
- Prior military experience preferred.
- Current unencumbered clinical license per state of practice guidelines.
- CPR and CPI certified within 30 days of employment. May be required to work flexible hours.