Certified Substance Abuse Counselor job in Whidbey Island, Washington.
The job is a civilian position within the extensive military medical system. Civilian and military personnel work together in hospitals and clinics providing a full range of services to the active duty military service members, military retirees, and their families.
Our employees are our best assets! Come join our team of healthcare professionals where you are valued.
- Monday-Friday days
- Full-time hours
- PTO - fantastic accrual rate
- Paid holidays
- Competitive Compensation
- Benefit Package (health, dental, and vision plans)
Certified Substance Abuse Counselor Job Overview:
- Obtain or provide relevant information that will facilitate treatment, assist in developing programs, and service delivery relating to the Substance Abuse Recovery Program (SARP).
- Provide assessment of substance use disorders.
- Provide assessment of women's issues in substance use disorders.
- Identify and document medical consequences of alcohol and other substance use, including withdrawal and detoxification.
- Facilitate the placement and management of patients in appropriate levels of care within the continuum of care model of the treatment of addictive disorders.
- Delegate tasks and duties in the clinical direction and coordination of health care team members, patient care, and clinic activities.
Certified Substance Abuse Counselor Job Qualifications:
- Associate of Arts degree in a behavioral science with specialized training in substance abuse and chemical dependency treatment
- completion of the Navy Drug and Alcohol Program Management Activity School that leads to Navy Certification as Navy Alcohol and Drug Abuse Counselor.
One of the following certifications:
- The National Association of Alcohol and Drug Abuse Counselors
- The National Board of Certification Counselors
- International Certification & Reciprocity Consortium/Alcohol and Other Drug Abuse
- Navy Drug and Alcohol Program Management Activity
- License or certification as an Certified Addictions Counselor, Alcoholism and/or Drug Abuse Counselor in any US state.
- 1 year experience within the preceding 2 years as a Substance Abuse Counselor in a Substance Abuse Rehabilitation Program which includes male and female clients.
Position contingent on contract award with a Fall start date. Incumbents HIGHLY encourage to contact us! Come join our team of healthcare professionals!