This job is archived
PrimeCare Medical of West Virginia, Inc. is currently looking for a Full-Time Licensed Professional Counselor (LPC) or Licensed Social Worker(LSW, LMSW, or LCSW) to work as a Behavioral Health Professional's in the medical department at the Southern Regional Jail in Beaver, WV.
This is a full-time, 40-hour per week position - Monday through Friday, during normal business hours (i.e., no weekends).
In this role the clinician is responsible for the clinical monitoring, coordinating and implementing of the mental health program in accordance with NCCHC standards and will serve as the mental health liaison between the medical unit and facility staff. Primary job responsibilities include:
- Conduct clinical assessments based on referrals and self-referrals. Assessments include documentation of findings, including at a minimum a mental status examination and case conceptualization, diagnosis, and treatment plan. Makes referrals to psychiatry when appropriate.
- Risk assessments are to be conducted utilizing structured interviews and risk assessment tools. Inmates at risk for suicide and / or engaging in self-harm are managed utilizing existing protocols according to current policy and procedures.
- Serve as the PrimeCare Medical (PCM) mental health liaison for mental health services, outside the facility.
- Facilitates admission and placement of inmates/patients to forensic hospitals when necessary.
- Monitors all mental health services provided.
- Monitors clinical services to ensure that standards of care are in accordance with NCCHC and accepted psychiatric/ psychological standards.
- Is a member of the Quality Assurance Committee.
- Develops and conducts in-service education programs according to annual in-service calendar.
- Collects data and prepares monthly reports, which reflect performance.
PrimeCare believes in offering a competitive compensation and benefits package to all their employees! Standard benefits for full-time employees include:
- Health care (i.e., medical, dental, vision, and elective health savings account (i.e., HSA).
- Elective options for life insurance, as well as short & long-term disability.
- Generous PTO & Floating Holiday package.
- 401k retirement with discretionary company match - and more!
- Must be licensed as a LPC, LMSW, or LCSW in the state of West Virginia.
- Must hold a Master’s degree or greater in Social Work, Psychology, or related Human Service field with a concentration in clinical course work, training and/or experience.
- Minimum of two years of experience and familiarity with substance abuse/MAT (i.e., Medicated Assisted Treatment) counseling preferred.
- Must hold a valid driver’s license & have reliable transportation.
Correctional mental/behavioral health care provides a challenging and exciting world of opportunities for Professional Counselors and Social Workers today and is similar to working in an emergency room or clinic. Each day is both challenging and rewarding, serving a vulnerable & underserved patient population.
PCM is dedicated to our employees and we will provide the knowledge and training to administer premier healthcare in the correctional environment.