Our Care Coordinator will screen, provide psycho-social assessment, and provide prompt access to clinically appropriate services for patients determined to be in need of psychiatric interventions. Based on the needs of the patient identified through a Psychosocial Assessment or Psychiatric Evaluation, treatment services may include case management services, counseling, and skills training that encompasses the principles of effective psychiatric rehabilitation.Qualifications
- Master’s Degree in Social Work, Mental Health Counseling or Marriage and Family Therapy.
- Minimum of two (2) years of experience in Mental Health Counseling.
- Two (2) years of experience with the severe and persistent mentally ill is preferred.
- Licensed Social Worker, Counselor, or similar or license-eligible required.
- Provides comprehensive therapeutic services and completes necessary documentation.
- Develops and implements interventions for mental health barriers to discharge. Advocates and negotiates on behalf of patient internal and external systems within the scope of clinical training and consistent with professional standards.
- Seeks to enhance the capacity of patients to address individual needs. Utilizes all patient contact as opportunities for therapeutic intervention.
- Cooperates with colleagues to serve the well-being of the patients. Participates in and contributes to decisions that affect the well-being of the patients. Seeks the advice and counsel of colleagues when is in the best interests of patients. Attends weekly department meetings and participates actively in problem solving and idea sharing within department.
- Applies sensitivity to cultural diversity issues, treats patients as individuals, and considers the culture of the patients when providing care and treatment.