We have a special culture at Springstone and our vision is Changing People’s Lives®. We work every day to fulfill that vision by building and operating innovative behavioral hospitals and outpatient locations that feature attractive design, nurturing environments, quality programming and a patient-centric approach that delivers superior outcomes. At Springstone, we believe each employee can make a difference. We are team-oriented, fast-paced and progressive. We value people with great ideas who partner with others to take action and accomplish goals.
The Central Business Office is seeking a Billing and Collections Specialist to assist their refund team in validation of provider payments. This role is based in downtown Louisville, KY.
- This position ensures financial procedures are completed for patients.
- Credit and balance review.
- May interview incoming patients to retrieve all pertinent financial and personal information.
- Verifies insurance information with the third party payer to obtain an accurate benefit quote.
- Responsible for providing financial posting services which may include entering receivables and payables, printing and balancing data entered into the system, preforming basic computer system maintenance, preparing contracts, updating logs, and contacting vendors and payers.
- Ensures the collection of payments due from insurance in a timely and accurate manner.
- Makes contact with insurance companies via oral and written communication in an effort to collect funds.
- May advocate on behalf of the patient and facility for payment.
- Education: High school diploma or equivalent
- Experience: Previous experience working with insurance companies preferred. Prior experience with accounts receivable in a healthcare setting a plus.
- License: Valid driver's license preferred