Are you looking for a change? Would you like to make a positive impact in the community? New Season is looking for dedicated professionals passionate about the opioid and heroin epidemic.
My name is Saadya Rivera and I am with the Recruiting Team for New Season. New Season uses proven methods, the most innovative techniques and an approach that focuses on the patient’s whole well-being with patients with Opioid Use Disorder ("OUD"). Services are comprehensive and include: a range of counseling options, medication-assisted treatment, and medical exams. Each clinic team is devoted to rebuilding lives, positively impacting patients and the communities where we serve.
I currently have a job opportunity for a Travel Substance Abuse Counselor at our Dakota West Treatment Center, Dakota, MN. Our clinics must be remain open to help our patients.
Work Schedule: Mon - Fri: 5:30am - 2:00pm Sat: 6:00am - 9:30am (Rotating) Sun & Holidays: Closed
Will provide travel counseling coverage between the (4) Minnesota Clinic locations on an as needed basis. The base clinic will be the St Paul Treatment Center.
Provides individual, group, and family counseling to patients as required. Works with a multidisciplinary treatment team consisting of the Medical Director, Program Director, Treatment Services Coordinator, Counselors, and Nurses to identify and meet the clinical needs of the patient and to assist in their overall well-being.
- Works with patients to complete all intake, admission, discharge, and transfer paperwork.
- Documents patient progress through counseling and interaction through groups.
- Completes patient psychosocial and an individualized treatment plan within the required time frame.
- Identifies any clinical/case management needs and works to address those needs.
- Performs individual, group, and family counseling as required.
- Performs at least 20 hours of direct one-on-one patient contact per week through individual or group counseling.
- Reports patient abuse, neglect, and exploitation as required.
- Reports patient grievances as required.
- Educates patients in all aspects of treatment, corresponding health issues, and steps to recovery.
- Obtains Urine Drug Screens and initial patient photo identification.
- Assists in monitoring all patient activities on center premises.
- Actively participates in community relations activities as directed and authorized.
- Ensures the reading and understanding of the Policy and Procedures Manual.
- Ensures compliance with 42 CFR Part 2 (Federal Confidentiality Regulations) and 45 CFR, Parts 160 & 164 (HIPAA)
- Is responsible for obtaining or maintaining proper licensure and/or certification according to specific state requirements.
- Actively participates in preparation for surveys and inspections conducted by CARF, the State, DEA, Board of Pharmacy, and any other agency site visits as dictated by the state laws or regulations.
- Participates in all staff meetings
- Ensures compliance with local, State, Federal, and company rules, regulations, and policies.
- Always acts in the best interests of the program and company; honors, supports, and protects the proprietary data and rights of the company.
- Must provide counselor services for multiple clinical locations as assigned and needed.
- Performs other tasks as assigned
- Minnesota Staff Only: Responsible for completing Freedom From Chemical Use Form
Supervisory Responsibilities: (Scope of the person's authority, including a list of jobs that report to this job).
Minimum Qualifications: (To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the competencies (minimum knowledge, skill, and ability) required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions).
Education/Licensure/Certification: Bachelor's degree in a related field and Minnesota LADC, ADC-T, LSW, LPC, LPCC, or LMFT.
Required Knowledge: Master-level knowledge.
Experience Required: Minimum of 500 hours of experience in substance abuse is preferred.
Facebook Page: https://www.facebook.com/NewSeasonTreatmentCenters/