Our Behavioral Health Professionals provide addiction counseling services to individuals diagnosed with an addictive disorder. Addiction counseling may include limited assessment of addiction related issues, and individual and group counseling. Responsible for administering any defined treatment program provided by CCS and is also responsible to assist in assessment coordination, planning, implementing and facilitating addiction programming at the facility. Works cooperatively with the client’s primary therapist to develop treatment plan goals related to addiction counseling, and provides timely feedback to the primary therapist regarding any mental health issues that may be impacting the client’s ability to progress in addiction counseling.
- Degreed, certified, or experienced in the substance abuse field.
- Relevant experience in provision of addiction counseling services
- License in an addiction counseling specialty (Certified Alcohol & Drug Counselor, Licensed Drug & Alcohol Counselor) or certified as a Counselor in Training under supervision or Social Work, Counseling, Psychology) or license in Social Work, Counseling, or Psychology.
- Must be able to obtain and maintain CPR certification.
- Under the direction of the site Behavioral Health Director, Behavioral Health Coordinator or Treatment Coordinator, coordinates, plans, implements, and facilitates addiction counseling programs for clients.
- Provides initial needs assessment as well as individual and group counseling sessions related to addiction treatment needs.
- Receives referrals from other Behavioral Health Professionals for clients who are in need of substance abuse counseling in addition to mental health treatment.
- Maintains database of all clients currently enrolled in addiction counseling to track current status in phases of addiction counseling program.
- Updates BH Director, BH Coordinator or Treatment Coordinator on at least a monthly basis regarding the number of clients enrolled in each phase of treatment, the number of clients waiting to begin treatment, and the number of clients who have completed the addiction counseling program in the past month.
- In coordination with the BH Coordinator or Treatment Coordinator, attends any required training related to the addiction counseling program.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
CCS is an EOE/Minorities/Females/Vet/Disability Employer