Minimum Qualifications: (To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.)
- Doctorate in clinical or counseling psychology from an American Psychological Association (APA) accredited program and must have completed an APA approved clinical psychology internship.
- Must maintain current certification in American Heart Association Basic Life Support for Healthcare Providers; American Heart Association Healthcare Provider Course; American Red Cross CPR (Cardio Pulmonary Resuscitation) for the Professional Rescuer; or equivalent.
- A minimum of two (2) years within the past five (5) years in the practice of clinical psychology, preferably in a Government setting such as a DOD or Department of Veterans Affairs (VA) MTF and providing clinical services to individuals, couples or groups in clinical psychotherapy services.
- Must have and maintain a current license to practice Clinical or Counseling Psychology in any one of the 50 states, the District of Columbia, Puerto Rico, Guam or the U.S. Virgin Islands that allows for the independent practice of clinical services. This license must be current, valid, and unrestricted.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Sufficiently skilled to teach patients proper self-care and to motivate patients and family members to continue the procedures for promoting rapid healing.
- Possess skills necessary to provide care appropriate to any age-related needs of the patients. The Contract Psychologist shall demonstrate knowledge of the principles of growth and development appropriate to the appropriate patient population served: Infants, Children, Adolescent, Adults, and Geriatric (>65).
- Possess the ability to work as part of a multidisciplinary health care team, work some evenings and weekends as needed, walk and stand for extended periods of time and be able to manage stress, as evidenced by the ability to respond and to meet demands of case load, such as submitting proper documentation and referrals.
- Possess knowledge and experience with military health system, combat/deployment issues, people suffering from medically unexplained symptoms, Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder, and/or disasters are highly desired.
- Expected to have proficiency in administration and interpretation of basic psychological test measures to include Intelligence Testing, Personality Testing with Objective and Projective Testing, and basic neuropsychological screening techniques, such as Mental Status exams or Dementia Rating Scales.
Chenega Corporation and family of companies is an EOE.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity
Native preference under PL 93-638.
We participate in the E-Verify Employment Verification Program.