Recovery Coach Technician- 7pm-7am
ABOUT VERTAVA HEALTH: Vertava Health is a leading national behavioral healthcare system for mental health and substance use disorders, providing a full continuum of services based on the individuals' varying needs at different times in their health and recovery journey. We apply evidence-based treatment modalities at every level of care and embed digital health tools to enhance and amplify clinical outcomes. With a growing list of Joint Commission accredited inpatient and outpatient locations across the country, a virtual care platform and a national network of healthcare providers, Vertava Health pioneers care that empowers people so that they can live out their best future.
In order to make this possible, we need an exceptional Recovery Coach Tech who can meet the requirements below. Think you have what it takes to help us change lives all over the country?
As a Recovery Coach Tech (RCT) you will be the most consistent point of contact for our adult patients with substance use disorders. You will conduct regular safety checks, direct patients to appointments and activities, assist with intakes, and perform a variety of administrative tasks to ensure our programs function safely and efficiently.
Depending on the location of the facility, this role is appropriate for those currently certified — or interested in becoming certified — as a Recovery Coach, Chemical Dependency Counselor Assistant (CDCA), Certified Peer Support Specialist, or for those pursuing CADC or LADC status.
You will be part of a supportive, team-based approach that models collaborative, solution-based problem solving, and authentic communication.
Priority responsibilities include:
- Perform and document safety checks on all patients every 30 or 60-minutes
- Search patient rooms and belongings for contraband as directed
- Monitor patient activity and behavior to ensure physical and emotional safety
- Provide emotional support and de-escalation for patients in distress
- Maintain and promote healthy boundaries
- Respond and participate as assigned to emergency codes
- Promote and protect each patient’s independence, privacy, dignity, and emotional and physical well being
Training and Competencies
- Learn about the disease model of addiction and evidence based treatments
- Learn and follow company-established policies and procedures, and maintain adherence to established practice guidelines
- Remain current with all required trainings and certifications
- Receive biweekly supervision
- Maintain a professional appearance and demeanor
- Practice respectful, compassionate, supportive communication with patients and colleagues
Other duties as assigned
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Current certification — or interest in becoming certified — as a Recovery Coach, Chemical Dependency Counselor Assistant (CDCA), Certified Peer Support Specialist, or a CADC or LADC.
- Flexibility and aptitude for problem-solving
- Excellent collaborative and interpersonal skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills