We are hiring for a qualified Radiologic Technician to join our team of talented professionals who provide health care services to our veterans and their families at the Washington Navy Yard in Washington, DC.
- Status: Full time, 40 hours per week
- Schedule: Monday through Friday, no nights, no weekends.
- Compensation: Competitive financial package with a comprehensive insurance package including health, dental, vision, and life coverage.
- Accrued Paid Time Off (PTO) & Paid Holidays
- 401(k) Plan
Radiologic Technician Requirements:
- Degree/Education : Certificate; Graduate from an academic program accredited by the Joint Review Committee on Education in Radiologic Technology (JRCERT).
- Certifications in addition to Basic Life Support: Certified by the American Registry of Radiologic Technology (ARRT)
- Basic Life Support: Required
- Experience: One year experience as a radiologic technologist
Radiologic Technician Core Job Duties:
- Adhere to radiation safety policies and procedures in accordance with Radiology
- Department policies and procedures.
- Send appropriate image series to the radiologist for reading according to MTF protocol.
- Correctly position the patient for the examination and make technical adjustments necessary for the required examination. Determine if any special patient preparation is required.
- Process digital images and submit for interpretation by radiologists.
- Document all procedures and maintain records in accordance with MTF policy.
- As directed, perform system calibrations and quality control tasks according to the manufacturer and MTF policy. Recognize artifacts and equipment errors and notify designated Government personnel of outlying values.
- Initiate repair call procedures for equipment malfunctions by notifying designated Government personnel.
- Report problems to the Biomedical Repair Section and record the problem condition in the trouble call log book.
- Observe and report to the radiologist any symptoms which have direct bearing on the patient's condition as a result of adverse reaction to contrast media and inform the radiologist of any condition requiring his/her attention. Recognize the need for and institute the necessary emergency measures for situations where a person requires resuscitation procedures due to cardiac or respiratory arrest.
Matrix Providers is an equal-opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status. For our EEO Policy Statement, please see [Register to View] To learn more about our Benefits Packages, please see [Register to View]
Matrix Providers endeavors to make [Register to View] accessible to all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please get in touch with our Recruiting Hotline Number, 1-[Register to View] , TTY LINE, [Register to View] . This contact information is for accommodation requests only and cannot be used to inquire about the status of applications.