Why You’ll Love this Job
Do you love working with all kinds of people? Are you looking for a new career making a difference in an someone's life? Do you want long term career growth and opportunity from your next position?
This is an entry level position where you can train on the job to become a Registered Behavior Technician within a month.
Behavior Technicians implement 1:1 behavioral intervention programs to persons of all ages with autism and related disorders, in their homes, community settings and serve as instructional shadows in school settings.
As a Behavior Technician you'll have a direct influence on patient success.
Treatment programs are designed and supervised by a Board Certified Behavior Analyst at all times.
You will be provided with extensive initial and ongoing training throughout your career, always at your own pace and going in the direction you want.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
When you become a Behavior Technician, you will participate in a training program where you will develop robust skills in the following areas of responsibility:
Applied Behavior Analysis
Discrete trial teaching techniques
Management of maladaptive behaviors
Social skills development
Data collection techniques applicable to our patient population
Training opportunities continue throughout employment as our Behavior Technicians receive ongoing supervision from professional clinicians for each patient with whom they work. This is your opportunity to build a career.
Because you are working with patients in their natural environment, physical activity is a regular part of this role. Examples include:
Sitting on the floor, in small chairs, and similar
Able to anticipate and respond to movement quickly, in case you need to block a doorway or prevent a patient from entering a busy street, etc.
Able to lift up to 30lb
Keen observational skills
Occasionally evade aggressive behavior
Working indoors & outdoors in all types of weather
Interest in working with persons with autism (experience preferred but not required)
High School Diploma (GED acceptable)
Reliable transportation or own vehicle with proof of auto insurance
Knowledge of iPads or similar
Must pass criminal background check and must pass tuberculosis test
COMPENSATION & BENEFITS
- Hourly rate based on years of experience and location
- Mileage will be paid along with travel time
- Yearly reviews with potential for pay increases
- Paid training program
- Additional opportunities for advancement
- Travel opportunities both domestic and international
- For qualifying employees, benefits include medical, dental, vision, life insurance, flex spending program, 401K, sick pay, tuition assistance program and discount programs for company related items.
- Opportunities to participate in research
- Available bonus and rewards program
- Assistance will be provided to become a Registered Behavior Technician (RBT)
- Opportunities to obtain Board Certified Autism Technician (BCAT)
- Career Development Assistance if you wish to pursue becoming a Board Certified Behavior Analyst (BCBA) and Board Certified Behavior Assistant Behavior Analyst (BCaBA) preparation programs
Training Opportunities include:
Becoming a Registered or Board Ceritified professional to work with individuals with Autism as listed below:
- Behavior Technician
- Certified Autism Technician
- Certified assistant Behavior Analyst
- Certified Behavior Analyst
TalentCare is a disruptive, data-driven healthcare recruiting firm with clinical and non-clinical positions nationwide. You will hear about exclusive, direct hire job openings that provide you career mobility and growth. With TalentCare on your side, you are:
- Matched with jobs based on advanced predictive analytics, so you will fit and perform well
- Hired directly by the client company, whether full-time or part-time
- Never hounded by other firms about our job openings – they’re all 100% exclusive